Re: Date sort???

From: Mark G <mgumbs_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:18:09 +0100

This may sound silly but perfectly feasible. Is the year actually stored in the database as 28-MAY-1999 or 28-MAY-0099?

If the dates were entered without the format mask not being DD-MON-YYYY but as DD-MON-YY, 0099 can at times be written to the database. The one with the year 1998 could have been entered corectly, hence appearing at the bottom of the list.

I say this because its happend at my last place!

Mark

Alex Peng wrote in message <7ktg8j$28ec$1_at_earth.superlink.net>...
>Hi,
>
>I use Oracle 8.0.4 in Windows NT.
>I have the following SQL :
>
>select publishtime from articles order by publishtime;
>
>Can anyone explain why year 98 comes after year 99?
>Thanks,
>
>Alex
>
>The result is : (some of records return null)
>
>28-MAY-99
>28-MAY-99
>28-MAY-99
>31-MAY-99