Re: How to run a program created by C from form

From: J. Wegener NOSPAM <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:22:10 +0200

You got at least these possibilities:

  1. Write your C function as a Forms user exit
  2. Write your function, place it in a DLL/shared library and use the ORA_FFI package to access it
  3. You may write you function as a server process and communicate via pipes.
  4. and 2) are pretty standard solutions.
  5. is more efficient than 2) in terms of execution time
  6. allows any client or server process to access your function
  7. is IMHO to complex if it is just a question of this one function.

Many more pro/cons exists, but go for 2) if you want a solution that should bear well into the future.

Are you sure you cannot implement your function using PL/SQL iso. C?

Cheers,
Johan
-
Johan Wegener
Dansk Data Elektronik A/S
Reply to: xjw_at_xdde.xdk
NOSPAM: Delete xxx from my email address