Re: Are most DBA jobs on UNIX or Mainframe, not NT?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:06:55 -0400

Hi,

    Having worked for a couple of computer manufacturers I can attest to the fact that for a vendor of mission critical software the major cost of software is documentation, training, support and maintenance -- not initial development. In addition there is the problem of once you commit to a platform you can't abandon it -- you are committed to support the platform for the foreseeable future.

regards

Jerry Gitomer