Re: Are most DBA jobs on UNIX or Mainframe, not NT?

From: Philip Brown <phil+s3_at_bolthole.no-bots.com>
Date: 21 Jun 1999 18:54:15 GMT

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:59:47 -0400, jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com wrote:

>mkx_at_excite.com wrote in message <376a6b16.26926988_at_news.iag.net>...
>>
>>It seems wierd to me, but all of the major players in the database
>>game are releasing Linux versions regularily, while practically
>>ignoring Solaris on Intel. Why not supply both?
>
>Could it be market penetration?

Don't see why. If they had to make a true new version, I could think this. But it's JUST A RECOMPILE!
And they are having the linux stuff downloadable, so it's not like they have to set up media production facilities.
Some bizzare politics going on.

--
[Trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!] [ Do NOT email-CC me on posts. Pick one or the other.]

The word of the day is mispergitude Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 13:54:15 CDT