ExcTabChain & Performance

From: Martin <mthgd_at_tdk.dk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:12:47 GMT

Hi

I'm trying to improve performance on one of my databases. I have discovered that one of my tables have a 86,7 ExcTabChain. Does anybody know why it's chained, and what this will do to performance on my base ??
What can I do to remove these chains ??

The parameters on the DB/table is as follows :

      DB_BLOCK_SIZE = 8192
      Num_rows 1007
      Row size 27 Bytes

      Table Storage Parms:
          STORAGE ( INITIAL 524288
                    NEXT 1048576
                    PCTINCREASE 50
                    MINEXTENTS 1
                    MAXEXTENTS 505
                  )
                    PCTFREE 10
                    PCTUSED 40
                    INITRANS 1
                    MAXTRANS 255;

// Martin Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 03:12:47 CDT