SQL Anywhere to Oracle data migration

From: Hank Riehl <hankr_at_skillview.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:48:56 -0400

We need to port data from SQL Anywhere to Oracle.

Some long character columns' data contains embedded CR-LFs (Carriage-Returns/Line-Feeds) to provide user-formatting within the column-data.

SQL Anywhere exports this info into ascii as ' \x0D\x0A ' (unquoted), simply embedded in the column's data-string. On import, SQL Anywhere recognizes this as an embedded CR-LF but Oracle simply treats it as part of the literal column-string

The question is what does Oracle want to see in ascii to embed a CR-LF within the column-data? We know we need to de a global search-replace on the ascii files between export and import, but don't know what to replace it with so Oracle treats it properly.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hank Received on Fri Jun 18 1999 - 06:48:56 CDT