Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)...Need Help!

From: JRD <james_devine_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:15:27 -0700

I'm a software developer that is interested learning more about the features of Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O). I've downloaded a zip file (oo4o81533.exe) from Oracle's web site, which contains OO4O files, and installed
them on my computer. My computer is running under Windows NT Workstation and has connectivity to an Oracle Database. The problem I am having occurs when I execute some of the VC++ and VB sample applications that came with zip file and I receive a "Specified class not registered in registry." from VC++ samples, or "The specified Module cannot be found - or Oracle In Proccess Server" from VB samples. I've reviewed and modified the registry files "Oo4oparm.reg" and "Oraipsrv.reg" to ensure the directory paths to "oip8.dll" and other system files were pointing to the correct location. I've also reviewed the registry for the installed registry settings and it looks like all the settings are properly updated. I've viewed all the OO4O documentation I could find and I haven't found anything that resolves this problem I'm encountering.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 21:15:27 CDT