Sequence or timestamp or ?

From: Anders Monrad <m_o_n_z_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:02:13 +0200

Hi ..

I need to make a table, with some kind of timestamp or system generated key. How would you do that in Oracle ? DB2 has mikrosecs in its timestamp, making it usefull, nut Oracle only has secs (WHY ??) so I cant use a DATE.

I tried a sequence, but it is not valid as a default colunm clause in "create table".

Can anybody tell me how something like this is done in Oracle (timestamp controlled by the system - keys generated by the system) ?

Thank you ..

Anders Monrad Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 06:02:13 CDT