table partitioning

From: pauldb <luapdb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 02:23:16 -0800

I have a situation where i need to truncate tables because they are growing ever larger. I had the intention of using partitions to perform this.. and then drop the partitions that were not needed and then bring them back online as required etc.

However, almost all of our very large table use the LOB data type in a column, which cannot be used in a partitioned table.

So, I would like to know if there are any suggestions as to an alternative way of doing this..