OCI-Problem

From: Guido Segbert <gsegbert_at_debis.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:53:17 +0200

We are developing thesame application for several platforms (WinNT, HP-UX, AIX)
The application uses some OCI-functions like olog. On WinNT and HP-UX we use Oracle 7.3.x but on AIX we have a different Version, that means Oracle 8.0.5.
While the application runs correctly on WinNT and HP-UX with the older Oracle-version
it always terminates in the function olog on AIX with 8.0.5.

It's possible to compile and link the AIX application without errors. One difference between linking our application on HP-UX and AIX is that we use several libraries like sqlnet, .. on HP-UX but only one library
on AIX. Some of the libraries of Oracle 7.3.x don't exist in Oracle 8.0.5.

Does anybody know the reason for the termination of our application? Is it a problem of linking, or is it possible that oracle isn't installed correctly, ...

Thank you very much
Guido Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 01:53:17 CDT