Problem w/ sql update, escape char?

From: <jmac1_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 19:17:04 GMT

Greetings,
This problem is a little aggravating. Here is the statement I'm trying to execute (sorry for the formatting, dejanews doesn't give much leeway there):

update TEST_0091_SQL
    set STR_WHERE = 'userCity in ( select TEST_CITIES_REGIONS.city from
TEST_CITIES_REGIONS where TEST_CITIES_REGIONS.city =
SOS_AVAILABILITY.usercity and TEST_CITIES_REGIONS.city = ''#1'') and dbsos = ''yes'''

    where NOME = '0091_REGIONQUERY';

The database stores future queries to be executed and the architecture has already been frozen by 'higher authorities' :-) so the whys and what-fors aren't going to help. What I need is a little nudge to tell me why this statement is producing errors.

This is the error I get:
ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Philips Speech Processing
jim.macgregor_at_psp-atl.be.philips.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jun 05 1999 - 14:17:04 CDT