Re: How To Turn Archive Off

From: Stephen Harris <sweh_at_mpn.com>
Date: 5 Jun 1999 18:28:38 GMT

Snow Tracks (snowtracks_at_compuserve.com) wrote:
: Kristina:
: Hi. Thanks for the feedback.
: I guess I really wanted to know how I can turn off automatic archiving *and*

From server manager, "alter database noarchivelog" tells the database to not create any more archive log files. That's pretty much it :-) If you want to stop the ARCH process (which will just be idle, so you might as well) then set the log_archive_start to false in the init.ora file.

NOTE: this just really controls whether the ARCH process is started. This is required for archive logging, but doesn't itself control whether the database attempts to do it. That's what the alter database command does.

--

rgds
Stephen Received on Sat Jun 05 1999 - 13:28:38 CDT