Re: SQLPlus scripts in Unix

From: Brian Gallagher <briang_at_iona.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:00:09 +0100

A very good question - i've wondered about that myself. One quick and dirty solution is to have separate scripts

sqlplus system/realpassword <<EOF
alter user system identified by manager; EOF then in your script you can run
sqlplus system/manager <<EOF
alter user system identified by realpassword;

-
-
-
-
-

EOF for the duration of the long script it will appear by ps -ef that you have connected as manager

still i'm sure there's a better easier way. You could write an expect script but this would be overkill

hope this helps

regards
brian