accessing Oracle8i CosNaming from C++ CORBA (omniORB2) client

From: Ray Suliteanu <rxs_at_hnc.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:03:54 -0700

does anyone have any experience connecting to Oracle's CORBA Name Service from anything other than a Java client. The Oracle documentation gives an example of using vanilla CosNaming instead of the JNDI wrapper, but it too uses Java as an example. I am using the omniORB2 ORB v2.7.1 on Solaris 2.6, and Oracle 8.1.5 on NT. I can't figure out how to get the omniORB to get the root context of the Oracle Name Service. I tried using

'myclient -ORBInitialHost "myhost" -ORBInitialPort 2481' # port 2481 is defined as Oracle GIOP port in listner.ora

I get a NO_RESOURCES error, which as far as I know means that omniNames is not running. This seems to be true since if I start omniNames on Solaris I get a context not found error, which is true since the server object is on NT not Solaris. I have no problems at all Java to Java, whether NT to NT (same machine) or Solaris to NT.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ray
// statements are my own and do not necessarily reflect any position of my employeer. Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 18:03:54 CDT