help!!!

From: Chen Li <erpeng_at_cs.auc.dk>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 16:31:31 GMT

Hi, All:

I am writing a before insert trigger. I want to make a comparison between the new record and
others which are already in the database. For example: the name of my table is myt, when I

select *** from myt
into *** where a = :new.a and b=:new.b;

It is obviously that there is no data in the database at first, so no data can be selected and even
when there is data in the database, sometimes no data fulfill the select criteria so no data is selected, the result is the trigger does not work. How to handle such situation? Thanks.

Simon Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 11:31:31 CDT