Re: Network Question

From: Daniel <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:35:41 +0100

  1. Connection manager is used for forwarding calls ie; through a fire wall etc etc.. Or as a multi protocol interchange. Yes you still need a listener running on the server.
  2. The sid that you are trying to connect to is specified in the clients tnsnames.ora file on the client.

Cheers

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Daniel
Oracle UK