Re: Oracle 8 .0.4 for NetWare

From: <dcody_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 04:57:06 GMT

Since you seem to know Oracle / Netware, perhaps you could help a customer of mine. Do you know the lowest Novell Version# on which Oracle 8.0.4 might be expected to run?

TIA
Dave

In article <7hjnd6$5ut$1_at_inet16.us.oracle.com>,   "Daniel" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote:
> Oracle V8.0.x for Netware is fine, however there are a couple of
issues with
> the listener on the SMP platform but these can be overcome with
configuring
> multiple listeners. Support from Oracle is just as good on Netware as
it is
> on NT, ask to speak to someone with Netware knowledge. If I can be of
any
> help please drop me a line...
>
> --
> Daniel
>
> jct10_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<7gogot$k5f$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> >Has anyone used this version of Oracle 8, and if so, what type of
> experience
> >have you had with it? I've seen O8 for UNIX, and NT, but this
version
> >appears to accompany Novell's NetWare for Small Business Product
only.
> Heck,
> >I've even contacted Oracle support and they were fishing around for
> >information. You can imagine how comforting that was :-)
> >
> >Any account, positive or negative, of experiences you've had with
this
> product
> >is greatly appreciated.
> >
> >thanks,
> >~ jim

> >http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your
Own

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 23:57:06 CDT