Newbie: Hierarchical Table Structure?

From: Thomas Fischer <tfischer_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 11:29:03 +1000

Hi,

I just started to learn about Oracle and I want to implement a database of which I already exactly know what it once should do. My problem: Everything I read about Oracle so far deals with normal tables whereas I need an (extendable) tree structure instead of a constant column/line matrix.

To I have to 'simulate' a tree in a normal table or is there a way to arrange 'tables' in a hierarchical way?

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas Fischer, Deakin University Geelong/Australia Snailmail: 4/450 Ryrie Street, 3219 East Geelong AU

himself_at_tfischer.de          tfischer_at_deakin.edu.au
See me live at:     http://www.tfischer.de/cam.html