Re: ORA-01000 Too many Cursors open

From: <coopman_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:13:17 -0400

This may sound obvious, but... close your cursors when you're done with them!

If you are having trouble identifying what statements/operations are holding the cursors open, you may try looking in the Oracle Server Reference, section on the Data Dictionary, for the Dynamic Stats Tables (sorry, I don't have the reference handy). You can query this table from another session, get a list of all open cursors, and track down the SQL involved (by cursor).

Marc