Development question?

From: <mdneal_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 20:10:40 GMT

Looking for some development suggestions. I need to merge multiple tables containing customer-supplied data into a single table for display on a web front end.

I want to merge the tables together into a single table but want to do inserts only if the record doesn't exist, and updates only if there is a change to the data. Don't want to re-populate the table each time I do a merge which would occur nightly. Any development suggestions would be appreciated. I am not a developer but I am helping out on a "hot fire" project. I am from the DBA world.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Neal

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 19 1999 - 15:10:40 CDT