Table modifications

From: <mdneal_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 20:07:23 GMT

I am looking for development suggestions. I am from the DBA side of the world, so I am just learning some development to help out on a project. Here is the situation: I need code that will handle modifications to a particular table. There will be 1 to N tables which hold data provided by customers. I want to merge these tables nightly into a single table which holds 3 or 4 fields being populated by data in the other tables. I want to only implement changes to the data nightly. Insert only if record doesn't currently exist, update only if the data is different, etc. What kind of strategy is best for handling this scenario? Thanks in advance for any suggestions to mike.neal_at_avnet.com.

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 19 1999 - 15:07:23 CDT