Thanks, Dante!

From: <ypsu_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 21:36:48 GMT

Thanks, Dante, I am sorry my original question was a little confusing. here is my SQL:

SQL> run
  1 select *
  2 from all_objects
  3 where
  4 object_name = 'V_CONTACT'
  5 or
  6 object_name = 'V_PERSON'
  7* order by object_name

OWNER OBJECT_NAME OBJECT_TYPE CREATED LAST_DDL_ STATUS -------- ------------ ------------ --------- --------- ------- PUBLIC V_CONTACT SYNONYM 29-JUL-98 29-JUL-98 VALID

PUBLIC   V_PERSON      SYNONYM      29-JUL-98 29-JUL-98  VALID
XOXOXOX  V_PERSON      VIEW         29-JUL-98 28-NOV-98  VALID

Since the object that the synonym points to (v_contact, a view) is not accessible by me, when I desc, I got the following message:

SQL> desc v_contact;
Object does not exist.

So, my problem is, I need the DBA to grant the privilege to access the VIEW object (v_contact). Right?

Thanks again, Dante!
Y.Su

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 17 1999 - 16:36:48 CDT