Getting an ASP to talk to Oracle 8

From: Andy Hill <andy.hill_at_kvaerner.com>
Date: 12 May 1999 08:14:22 GMT

I am trying to get an ASP to talk to Oracle 8 and keep getting the following error when the ASP tries to connect to the database: "TNS could not resolve service name"

I have logged into the database using SQL 8, using the exact same username, password and server as in the DSN, and all works fine.

I have created a FILE DSN, and not a system or user. I did this for ASP's and Access database and all works fine.

Are there any other things that need to be configured for ASP and Oracle ?? Is FILE DSN the correct type, or could the problem be with the TNS setup ??

Andy Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 03:14:22 CDT