SQLJ / Java

From: Derek Larson <dlarson_at_divms.uiowa.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:10:23 -0500

Hi,

I've been using SQLJ to select into String variables that are declared within a while loop. The problem that I am having is that I am selecting about 300 fields per record and I get a core dump with the following message:

 SIGSEGV received.
Processing terminated

Full thread dump:

    "Finalizer thread" (TID:0x30000af8, sys_thread_t:0x20260448)

         Native Thread State: ThreadID: 2001c298 Reuse: 1 DAEMON MONITOR WAIT) I've tried using StringBuffer objects, but they are not accessible in the SQLJ SELECT INTO-list as they are an unsupported type.

Also, is there a way to set the compiler so as not to get nailed with an error message when using declared but un-initialized String variables?

Thanks in advance,
Derek Larson. Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 11:10:23 CDT