Re: Feelings about Oracle on NT Server vs. VAX/VMS

From: Breno de Avellar Gomes <brenogomes_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 12:08:52 +0100

I am successfully deploying Oracle8 on NT 4.0 on Compaq Proliant servers - in some cases using FailSafe (NT Enterprise Edition) or Parallel Server option for high availability. Performance is good and stable.

A careful selection of machine features and NT configuration are the key. Windows Load Balance Service is a valuable addition. 512 MB of memory or more, RAID systems and reduntant components will require some extra cash, but this investiment worths.

Feel free to contact me for more details

Breno Gomes