Table Question

From: Arthur Merar <amerar_at_unsu.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:19:05 GMT

Hello,

I have two tables, our production table and a transaction table. I want to insert the records from the transaction table into the production table. The tables have the exact same layout.

The problem is that the production has many constraints on it, and it has a sequence as one of the fields. When I insert these records, I get a unique constraint error on the sequence number.

How can I insert these records have have the sequence work correctly? Do I need to do something to the transaction table first???

Also, when I export tables, how can I export the data without the constraints, so when I import I do not get all the errors?

Please send a copy to e-mail....

Thanks,

Arthur
amerar_at_unsu.com
amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 06:19:05 CDT