Filtering records with SQL*Loader

From: hazledid <david.hazledine_at_roche.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 10:52:06 GMT

One of the fields in a data file contains numeric values, but an occasional record has an alphanumeric in the field. I wanted to filter out these alphanumerics when loading the file with SQL*Loader, and I thought I could use the WHEN clause as follows:

WHEN TRANSLATE(field,'$0123456789','$') IS NULL

However, it turns out that SQL functions can't be used in WHEN clauses.  Cany anyone suggest a means of performing this filtering with SQL*Loader?

David J. Hazledine
Roche Products Limited
40 Broadwater Road
Welwyn Garden City