Re: Oracle rogue query monitor

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 14:56:53 +0100

To protect the system you could use profiles to limit the CPU per call, logical IO per call, or physical I/O per call.

To identify the queries the best I have come up with so far is a regular check of v$sql for logical I/O or physical I/O that exceeds a boundary value per execution.

--

Jonathan Lewis