create view performance problem

From: vagelis Hristidis <exrist_at_cc.ece.ntua.gr>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 16:40:46 +0300

I have a table with columns :symbol, st_date,value and I would like to create a view with columns: symbol,st_date_for_max_value,max_value
where there is one row for each stock symbol. How can I do it so that it performs well? The problem is that sql won't let me use st_date in select clause when i don't also put it in group by clause.If I use a pl/sql function it's slow. Thanks in advance.

vagelis Received on Sun May 02 1999 - 08:40:46 CDT