Re: Importing a database

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:08:30 GMT

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:43:18 GMT, art_merar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I recently did a full export of our database. Afterwards I did issued the
>command: drop user cash_man cascade
>
>Now, I want to import the user cash_man and bring everything back to the way
>it was before the export........how can I do this?

  1. Recreate the user cash_man, assign default and temp tablespaces, grant appropriate privs such as CREATE TABLE, and so forth. You have to do this manually, but it's not too much work.
  2. Import the cash_man's tables, indexes, and so forth, with the following command

imp system/manager file=xxx.dmp log=xxx_import.dmp fromuser=cash_man touser=cash_man

That should do it for you.

Jonathan Received on Thu Apr 29 1999 - 11:08:30 CDT