Re: Record Copy Help

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:08:29 GMT

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:54:06 GMT, gnuc_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I have a master Table and 5 (kind of)temp tables (same structure).
>Every night I have to copy all records from temp tables to the master table.
>Is there an easy and a fast way to do this with just one command without
>going through PL/Sql and doing Inset on each record separately?

Assuming there were no primary key issues, you could do one insert per temp table:

insert into master (col1, col2, col3)

	select col1,col2,col3
	from temp1;

Transaction size might be an issue. If your temp tables are large, your rollback segments might not be large enough, but if you are doing it all as one transaction now, you should be ok.

Jonathan Received on Thu Apr 29 1999 - 11:08:29 CDT