Load a table using SQL*Loader

From: Luis Oliveira <Luis.Oliveira_at_seg-social.pt>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:29:58 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to load a table from a file using SQL*Loader.

One of the fields in my text file will be loaded into a numeric column of the table. When in the text field there are values that I can't convert to number, I want to place in the table a 0 or a null.

I have made a trigger before insert in the table that calls a procedure that handles the INVALID_NUMBER exception. But this isn't working. Is there a better way of doing this ? Or is this the correct method and there is something wrong with my trigger/procedure ?

Thanks in advance,
Luis Oliveira Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 05:29:58 CDT