Re: Load a table using SQL*Loader

From: Martin Jesterhoudt <mjesterh_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:57:49 GMT

Hi Luis,

>One of the fields in my text file will be loaded into a numeric column of
>the table. When in the text field there are values that I can't convert
>to number, I want to place in the table a 0 or a null.

You cannot handle the problem with a trigger. You'll have to do it within the controlfile of Oracle Loader.

By using a sql string in the controlfile, you can handle your specific problem. The only (?) disadvantage is that you can no longer use the direct load path.

Try to add the following behind the definition of the field:

"translage(look_in_the_manual_for_correct_usage)" To refer to the field, use :fieldname as in "nvl(:yourfield,0)".

Hope this helps...