Re: HELP: Virtual memory error when installing P08 on windows 95 OSR2

From: MPTCYBER <mptcyber_at_aol.com>
Date: 25 Apr 1999 23:11:42 GMT

I had the same exact problem this week with personal Oracle 8. Here's what to do

  1. Go into explorer and completely delete everything in the orawin95 folder and the folder itself. basically everything Oracle.
  2. Virtual Memory is storage, that's what Oracle 8 looks for. Event though this program doesn't take up much physical space on your drive, it requires massive amounts of free space. I would try to bump your free storage on you hard drive to AT LEAST 800MB.
  3. Re install the whole thing again. When finished, reboot.
  4. If at anytime during install you get that message, abort the install, delete all the Oracle files, and try again. That message will prevent a successfull install.

You cannot reinstall this package if you have any existing files out there from before; that's why you have to delete everything.

I know it sounds kooky, but it works, and I'm happily using the package now after much frustration. Not to beat the dead horse, but make sure there are no existing Oracle files anyhwere in your system before you re install.

Good Luck. Received on Sun Apr 25 1999 - 18:11:42 CDT