Re: PlSql help. Urgent Please.

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 07:15:38 GMT

Abhimanyu Parasher <aparashe_at_numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au> kirjoitteli seuraavaa:

>Thanks Manmohan Mann for helping me for my previous query. I've got one more question here,
> if anybody can help me with this ?

--snipp--

>Another one is that, after the code is executed on SQL Prompt, it shows me the operation that it performs e.g.:
>
> old 10: DBMS_output.put_line('&choice');
> new 10: DBMS_output.put_line('');
>Can I stop this thing ?

Can't help you in the first question but this is easier.

There's an environment variable in SQL*Plus which defines if variable substitutions are echoed.

If I remember right, it was verify, so

set verify off

in the beginning of your script should help.

Tuomas
--

hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.