Re: Trusting Oracle?

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 23 Apr 1999 13:27:24 GMT

The reliability of an the Oracle db itself is very good, but the reliability of any particular Instance of Oracle is largely dependent on how you set it up and manage it. The reliability of applications that depend on Oracle depend on how they are designed and what they do.

You can use cron or the dbms_job package to automate the running of routine scripts. If the scripts are tested then they will run. We use cron to run our hot backups and exports along with a few db reporting scripts that we want to have around for disaster recovery.

Arthur Merar <amerar_at_unsu.com> wrote in article