Caching in Sequence generators

From: D. Oakley <no-one_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:27:48 +0100

(Running Oracle 7.3 on Unix)

Hi,

I was having a problem with a sequence generator that i was using in that it seemed to be skipping numbers in blocks of 20. I presumed this was being caused by the default cache setting of 20. Firstly, is this a safe presumtion?

Secondly, what effect will there be on performance of the sequence generator if I set the caching to NOCACHE?

Thanks. Received on Tue Apr 20 1999 - 11:27:48 CDT