Re: Need to execute procedure or package

From: <drider_trans_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:06:20 GMT

> [snip package description]
>
> From SQL*Plus,
>
> EXECUTE procedure(parameters) ;
>
> or if it is in a package
>
> EXECUTE packagename.procedure(parameters) ;
>
> You really ought to read your manuals.
>
> --
> Ed Prochak

Thanks for confirming. I DID read the manuals, but won't work that way. I know it works because the person who wrote it showed me via the data. Anyway, it tells me that I just don't have the permissions to execute the package. And by the way, when I said I inherited this, I meant as in most other ways people inherit things, I didn't have a choice. I don't have any formal training or education with Oracle SQL so I think I'm doing fairly well, considering. Thand for your response.