Re: How to get NUM_ROWS?

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 21:37:58 +0200

If there aren't any regular inserts or deletes, you could have the tables analysed, after which you could use num_rows. Oracle doesn't (ain't that a pity) keep num_rows updated. (Switch to Unify?)

A way to get them faster, if you have an index containing all rows (on columns that are not null) : eg. the column is numeric: select count(index_column) from table where index_column >= 0;

EBR <11eebr13_at_hotmail.com> heeft geschreven in bericht <37107d75.392221_at_news.newsguy.com>...