Accessing file on network

From: Paul Smith <paul.smith_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 17:00:06 GMT

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding a Forms problem? I have a procedure to import text files from part of an NT network into a Forms 4.5 OLE container using forms_ole.initialize_container(item_id, 'path_and_filename'). This works fine for test files on the local C: drive but can't do anything with network addresses like: '\\statistiek\cijfers\file_naam.txt' and much the same thing happens for text_io.fopen statements.

Apologies in advance if this is a facile question or if I've misunderstood something obvious, but no-one else where I work seems to know either.

With freindly greetings, Paul Smith. Received on Fri Apr 09 1999 - 12:00:06 CDT