Re: Help -- the need for speed

From: R. Steven Brown <rstevenbrown_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:04:09 -0600

The fastest method should be with SQL Loader using Parallel, Direct Load with no logging. Since this precludes the use of triggers, I have typically loaded first into temp tables, verify that that load went OK and that the data is good, (if not I could do a quick re-load!)then used inserted into the production tables. I'm unsure what's causing the problem with your connections, possibly some sort of time-out? I have run Oracle on NT and Unix with hundreds of connections, without unexpected disconnects. Steve Brown