Installing DBD - Oracle - 0.6 Problems (DBI)

From: phil morle <phil_at_morle.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 23:12:35 +0800

Hello Everyone

I hope this is not a really simple problem! :-)

I have the following configuration:

Oracle 8.0.5 - Linux (Red Hat 5) - Perl5.004_04

and I am trying to install the DBD Oracle 0.6 Perl database interface. The lastest Perl DBI module is successfully installed. Everytime I get to the end of 'make test' I get the following error:

make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

#Full Error starts here#

Connect to ' ' (from command line, else uses ORACLE_SID or TWO_TASK - recommended)
as 'nameineverused/passwordineverused' (via ORACLE_USERID env var or default - recommend name/password_at_dbname) (ORACLE_SID='mysid' , TWO_TASK= ' ')
ora_login:12546: ORA-12546: TNS: permission denied (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)

Generally set TWO_TASK or ORACLE_SID but not both at the same time. Try to connect to the database using an oracle tool like sqlplus only if that works should you suspect problems with DBD::Oracle. Try leaving dbname value empty and set dbuser to name/passwd_at_dbname.

Test aborted.
Make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
#End of Full Error Text##

Specifically - I am fairly new to Oracle and I know that the error here seems to be telling me exactly what to do. It may be that I need someone just to translate??? What is actually happenning here? I can logon with sqlplus no problems... but where do I tell the installation what they are? And what is TWO_TASK???

I hope you can help me friends...

Cheers

Phil Morle
phil_at_morle.com Received on Sun Apr 04 1999 - 10:12:35 CDT