Re: How much testing does Oracle do prior to sofware release?

From: Daniel Brewer <nospam>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 15:08:35 GMT

Testing? That is what you and I are for!!!!! Especially when you are running Oracle Apps Version 11+, Oracle Database version 8+ on Windows NT 4.

On Sat, 03 Apr 1999 17:42:48 GMT, mallyn_at_pasilla.bbnplanet.com (Mark Allyn) wrote:

->I am curious, how much does Oracle test their software
->prior to release?
->
->I am asking this because I have seen bugs that I think that any
->reasonable testing in house should have caught prior to the software
->being released.
->
->I have seen this especially in their web application servers.
->
->Does Oracle use a matrix organization where there is a separate
->testing organization under its own management that is
->autonimous to the project/product managers? Or is testing
->under the control of the project/product managers?
->
->Does anyone out there know the internal structure of
->Oracle Corporation and their emphasis on testing?
->
->Mark