Re: help! any known Pro*C arrayinsert indexing bugs??

From: <flaggedatbest_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 21:40:22 GMT

I check the data for contraints prior to loading, this check is if the state of the databse changes by the time the data is loaded, I want to recover as efficiently as possible.

I have a related question...
Is there a data size limitation as well as an entry size limitiation? I feel that it was poorly worded in the Pro*C manual.

I am loading 2 VARCHAR arrays and I am doing a to_date() on an integer date array.

Even when I am not using the sqlca.sqlerrd[2] value to reload, I traverse the array doing selects until I find the row that does not exist then I reindex that way. But the insert keeps saying 0 rows inserted, and 0 rows get inserted, even though there is no violation on the current entry.

This has got to either be an Oracle bug, or there is a size limitation as well as an index length limitation(32,767)

Any ideas???

-Dan
dantill_at_nationalfraud.com