Re: Spaces converting to Tabs

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:34:20 +0100

Is this running from different sessions and different SQL*Plus logins, or always the same Unix id and SQL*Plus login in the
same directory ?

For multiple SQLs it could be local login.sql.

For multiple Unix IDs it may be differen $SQLPATH again causing different login.sql.

For Multiple Unix IDs it may be something to do with the sed initialisation file (I think it uses .exrc ) which could be forcing some entab/detab algorithm.

One possible avoidance mechanism:

    set space 0
    set linesize 10
    set trimspool on

        etc.

    select ltrim(to_char(seq.nextval,'0000000000')) from dual;

and cut out sed

You can also cut out the intermediate file with something like (the syntax will be shell-specific):

    set m_var `sqlplus -s userid/pq <<-!!!

        set commands to avoid garbage
        select ......
        exit