Strange Webserver 3.0 problem

From: Anna Wilkins <anna.wilkins_at_petersons.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:47:30 GMT

I discovered a strange problem yesterday. I have two web server applications in our dev database that both work. The two applications are completely seperate - different schemas, different dad's and different port numbers. The only thing they share is that the second application has synonyms to two tables in the first applications schema.

The problem comes when moving these two applications into the production database. The first application has been in the prd database for over a month with no problem. Last night we tried moving the second application live and it worked fine. However, when I tried to view the first application, I received a request failed message saying it couldn't access the url. The only problem was, the url it said it couldn't reach was the second application's url! I double checked that I was trying to access the first application and sure enough it was the correct url. Again, these are two different schema's, two different DAD's, two different ports. None of the packages in the first schema reference packages in the second schema (although there is a supporting package that is used in both, but each has a seperate copy of the package). The only link between the two schema's is synonyms in the second schema to two tables in the first schema.

The only way we could solve the problem was to delete all objects in the second schema. Turning off the web listener for the second application didn't work.

I've read Thomas Kyte's posts suggesting putting the owa and htp packages in their own seperate schema, but that was in reference to problems where one schema's web procedures referenced another schema's web procedures. We aren't doing that. Does anybody have an idea why this is happening and how we can get the two applications to exist in production together?

Thanks in advance,

Anna Wilkins /-)/\//\//-)
Oracle Web Developer
Peterson's