Returning lists/resultsets - but without temptables

From: Hannes Lechner <hannes_at_lechner.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 12:13:40 GMT

Hi!

can somebody please tell me if there's another way of returning a whole resultset/list from a function other than creating a temporary table?

the problem is that (to my knowledge) it is not possible to open a cursor (or iterator (--> myIter) for SQLJ) in one file, pass this iterator to another function (which code is in another *.sqlj file!!!), perform a SELECT on this iterator, e.g.
#sql myIter = { SELECT x FROM y }
... and after that i want to access the resultset in the primary file ( e.g. myIter.next() )

afaik with SQLJ (as well as Pro*C) it is only possible to work with cursors/iterators in a single source-file (i.e. define, open, manipulate, close,
...)

i cannot belive this is true!!!?!?!!

however, if so, has anybody a suggestion how to best deal with resultsets??? temptables???
or... ???

thanks!
Hannes Received on Fri Mar 26 1999 - 06:13:40 CST