Re: Oracle Lite vs Oracle Server

From: Michael Myers <mjmyers_at_nospam.blazenet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:08:35 -0500

> See anything that would cause Oracle Lite to give an error?

Yeah. Oracle Lite does not support PL/SQL.

> 2. I use Alter Session within my code to set the dat format for the session
> that the DB will expect. Is this not supported in Oracle Lite?

Probably not.

Personal Oracle lite is nothing at all like Oracle8. It's for compact environments, and supports only a small subset of Oracle Features. If you are developing something for eventual use with Oracle8, you might want to look at the Personal Oracle8, or some other database. Received on Tue Mar 23 1999 - 21:08:35 CST