Oracle Lite vs Oracle Server

From: Patrick Nance <pnance_at_colonialDESPAMOtech.com>
Date: 23 Mar 1999 17:11:54 GMT

First let me say that I am new at Oracle I am more familiar with SqlServer.

I am in the process of moving a Interet ASP application from Oracle to Oracle Lite (for development purposes, the application will ultimately reside in Oracle Server). Anyway, I was able to create and pupluate the tables with little problem. The question comes when I try certain commands.

  1. Triggers and Stored Procedures in Oracle Lite. Whenever I try and create a Trigger that resides in Oracle I get a Syntax error. Here is the trigger script: (This script was given to me by the DBA of the Oracle Server DB) This Trigger is supposed to add an Auto-Count to the column on the table. (Identity in SqlServer)

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER tblSchedule_lSchedule before insert on tblSchedule for each row
begin
select tblSchedule.lSchedule.nextval
into :new.lSchedule
from dual;
end;

See anything that would cause Oracle Lite to give an error?

2. I use Alter Session within my code to set the dat format for the session that the DB will expect. Is this not supported in Oracle Lite?

Thanks,
Patrick Nance
www.ColonialTech.com Received on Tue Mar 23 1999 - 11:11:54 CST