html formatting pulling from db

From: David Swenson <davswens_at_prairie.nodak.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 00:38:40 -0600

I have information stored in a oracle database and i want to display it in 2 different formats...
Here is the problem,

          I am having users enter information in a text box, and they tend to format it...

                                                                    ie.
A. John is a good worker.
  1. He works hard.
  2. ...
  3. etc...

However when i pull it out of the database and try to display it in html the formatting is not preserved...

                                                                    ie.
A. John is a good worker.1. He works hard.2...B...

It will preserve the format if I put it back in a textbox, but that is not an option (unless there is a way to turn off editing in a textbox).

I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup to ask this. If not, it would help if someone could point me to a more suitable one.

thanks
David Received on Mon Mar 22 1999 - 00:38:40 CST